Fly Fishing Forum banner

16' Aquasport with 88HP Evinrude

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
http://home.comcast.net/~nsvencer

Little one on the way means I'll probably be off the water much of next year and in the market for a slightly larger craft after that. Hate to see this boat go, it's been easy, cheap, and excellent for me!

Nick

#5 ·
Nick good luck with the sale and the new addition.

I was also very impressed with how this boat handled as we raced up the bay this spring. Only 16ft so its easy to trailer and you can get up on the flats but enough V to expand the range on the right days.

Not sure if it comes with that text book effortless casting stroke Nick booms out but if you can work it into the deal I would!

Sean

#6 ·
Thanks for the words guys! I'd say MOJO is included, but you'd be better served if I included a case of your favorite brew!

And expand the range is certainly true...she really does pretty well skipping over a 1-2' tight chop.

Nick

#7 ·
Nick, I would definitly be interested, but the days for hauling and putting in and taking out are over for me. After my daughter is mid way though College, both boys will be finished....then... I will go to one of the Marinas, buy the boat there and get a slip...with parking near the boat. I have already made my necessary contacts in Chatham for that situation. I just don't have the energy to do that stuff now .

#8 ·
Congrats and good luck!

Nick,

Congratulations on the little one. I now have a 12 month old little beauty and I can tell you that fatherhood is an amazing experience. I already can't wait to take her fishing.

I can also see why you might want to sell your ride with a baby on the way. I have fished a lot over the past 6 months but almost all of the trips were to the NH coast or the Mack for 3-4 hour sorties on shore or in the yak. You will still have time to fish but all day affairs are harder to pull off with a baby at home.

Ironically, I am now thinking about boats. I was going to wait 2-3 years but your ride has piqued my interest. Realistically I will not buy it but it seems like the perfect boat to cut your teeth on and determine how often you will get out on the water before throwing too much cash into the game.

Best of luck to you,

Mike

#9 ·
Mike,

Thanks! We're really excited and can't wait for the baby to come. I basically plan on fishing mornings early and that's about it so I figure the yak and a few rides on friends boats will have to do for me.

It has been a great boat to get comfortable with the whole process. It really became just about as simple as a yak for me in terms of prep. One bag had all my gear, toss in the boat, hook it up, and go. I'd highly suggest something in this range if you're not quite sure going forward. My only comment would be this boat had fairly low gunnels which made it not so perfect for little ones. But it fished two adults great and we took many cruises with friends to the beach or around the harbor.

Nick

#10 ·
striblue said:
Nick, I would definitly be interested, but the days for hauling and putting in and taking out are over for me. After my daughter is mid way though College, both boys will be finished....then... I will go to one of the Marinas, buy the boat there and get a slip...with parking near the boat. I have already made my necessary contacts in Chatham for that situation. I just don't have the energy to do that stuff now .

Just becuase there's not bottom paint now doesn't mean there couldn't be in the future :)...it is the perfect boat for the flats. Especially with the trolling motor mount. And it's easy enough to yank and bring to the bayside if you ever had the itch...

#11 ·
Just a bump in case anyone is dreaming of getting on the water during this nasty snowfall we're getting now!

#12 ·
Bump to the top again...Tom (my son) is here and I've also got the replacement on the way for the Aquasport.

http://home.comcast.net/~nsvencer

You won't find a boat in this size range with more options or versatility!

Attachments

#15 ·
congrats!! as a relatively new dad with a 18 month old, I know wher you're coming from.

but remember, you're not losing your freedom, you're gaining some crew!!

#17 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, been a crazy few months for sure. Can't wait to get some warmer weather here so I can get on the new ride.

I'm hoping to have Tom on the boat by the end of the season...he should be 6 or 8 months or so, I'm thinking a short cruise around a flat calm harbor should get him off on the right foot :)

Sean,

It's a Sea Hunt 212 with a two stroke yammie 150 on the back. Both are 2005 year. According to the Yam website, she should do low 40's top end and cruise mid 30's and burn not much more than the old ride. Best part is that it officially meets my wife's demand with a potti in the console :)

#18 ·
Juro,

Still owe you a ride in the boat, although now we may be targeting fish in a bit different water!

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.