Fly Fishing Forum banner

Home Waters

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
FYI

Neat satellite shot of the Great Lakes, you can see all five of them if you look close.

20% of the worlds surface fresh water

95% of the U.S. surface fresh water

healthy fisheries, life is good.

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/swq/watershd/

Forgot to mention 36,000 miles of rivers and streams in Michigan alone with out counting Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ontario, Ohio, Illinois, and New York all of which are bordering states with tributaries to them

#2 ·
PM...,

I HEAR THE STEELHEADING IS GREAT THERE, NOT LIKE THE RAINY PNW WHERE THERE ARE NO FISH LEFT.

I ALSO HEARD THAT THE WEATHER IS GREAT. BOY 60 DEGREE WEATHER SURE SOUNDS INVITING. THE PNW JUST HAD ANOTHER SNOW STORM AND THE WEATHER FOR THE NEXT 4 - 5 DAYS IS FOR RAIN (PROBABLY SHOULD SAY NEXT 45 DAYS). THE RIVERS WILL BE BLOWN FOR SURE, NOT THAT IT MATTERS WHAT WITH NO MORE FISH.

NOW IF I WAS A SERIOUS STEELHEADER, I WOULD GO TO THE GREAT LAKES AREA. WITH ALL THAT WATER, NO WONDER THE STEELHEADING IS SO GOOD. BUT DON'T WORRY, I CAN KEEP A SECRET.:devil:

Some wet guy from the PNW who stands around looking at dumb trees because we DON'T have any fish left and we got to do something while standing in the TORRENTIAL RAINS waiting for fish that no longer come

#5 ·
I forgot about Boeing moving HQ here. I know right where there building will be great lake michigan view of the harbor etc.

I hope they did not bring ot many PNW steelheaders with them. Not really there is room for all in our fisheries.

I would not be able to take it having those beautiful PNW rivers close and seeing them blown for weeks due to rain and snow melt, and then the steelhead run and season is over.

Come on out and try the great lakes, you will not regret it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.