Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone Home

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JimW 
#1 ·
Anyone home, were are all the posts from the Rip Trip? what did I miss?

#2 ·
YO Bigcat!

Friday was a great time; but I didn't make the Saturday run. Sure enough we got a long longer time in a favorable current due to earlier ebb.

I'll post a full report on the Friday expedition, sure others will too when they get back to their screens. Lot more pictures coming! I plan on doing one-hour developing tomorrow.

talk soon!

#3 ·
The Saturday trip was (I guess) similar to RT #1 in that the morning tide yielded nothing in spite of some serious water thrashing on the part of the dirty dozen that attended. We had arrived with expectations of bluefish in the morning and with serious bass action beginning once the tide turned East. A pair of flounder made up the leader board by noon.
We watched expectantly as the rip finally started to slacken about 1:00 and like clockwork Hawkeye (of course!) lit the lamp @ 1:49 with a nice bass from the face of the rip. The fishing never made it to blitz stage but it was consistant for about 90 minutes with some very beautiful fish coming to the beach. (One nice belly-dragging fish that required a 200 yd walk down the beach before landing, apologies to the angler who's name I seem unable to remember! Nice work.)
A beautiful day on the tip of the island. Now please excuse me while I go for physical therapy for my casting shoulder......

#4 ·
My take on Friday's Rip trip, GREAT! I guess it was not the full blown blitz that RT-1 was but the fishing was solid from 11:30 - 3:00. Many fish were landed and released. There were several occasions when two guys were on at the same time. Personally I got a fluke in the AM and wasn't really doing anything until Roop clued me in to the technique, then a lot of missed hits a few nice fish landed and a few that got away. I had a real good fish on for a while worked it down the beach and lost it in the rip.
Special thanks to Pete who untangled a knot in my line while I had a decent fish on (that QD tangles as well as it casts). John Morin and Roop both landed monsters. I saw John's fish from the distance but I'll throw out the number 30 and I don't mean inches. What a quality fishery.
Juro, thanks for putting the whole thing together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.