Fly Fishing Forum banner

Newbie Questions...

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
I know I know, more darn newbie questions!

Allright, I know my way around trout streams. I know my way alot better around steelhead and salmon streams of the Northwest.

However, I am seeming to find some sort of interest in this salt water, blue water, hot fish that destroy 8 or 9 wt rods, white sand beaches, palm trees, and drinks with little umbrellas in them...

The only beach I have ever been to was in hawaii (Army training exersize.....hehehehe)

I know bonefish are revered to saltwater anglers like steelhead to freshwater guys, but what is the run of the mill trout of the salt water fly fishing arena?

I think it might be cool to try it sometime, in some tropical place. I have no desire to attempt to battle ANY fish that has 3 digits or more in its weight. Smaller tuna? I have seen on tv's people that catch, I think dolphins....really pretty fish with a funny dome head? (I told ya I didnt know a damn thing about saltwater). Just curious on what you all think. Thanks.

Jay

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.