Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bo Mohlin fly reels

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Streamer 
#1 ·
Does anyone across the pond know where to get one.
Thanks
Pete

#4 ·
I guess you could call it irony, but Bo e-mailed me later the same day the above post was written. Seems he had a nasty accident with a lathe and spent a full year telling himself he would never build another reel. Evidently, he is feeling a lot better about things because he is going to be starting up again soon. It'll be a week or two, but Just Reels should have his page back on-line.

#9 ·
hmm, very nice looking reels indeed!

anyone know how they compare to, say, a Bogdan (apart from the price!). I liked the look of the new hardy cascapedia, but was very dissapointed when i got one in my hands. and how would the drag compare to the likes of an Abel?

do they have a multiplier action, or is the handle just for show (like the cascapedia #2)?

cheers

lawrence (not a tackle tart of course)

#11 ·
Hello Salar,

Maybe a slow reply to your question....but the Mohlin reels are not multi plier. They are all direct drive. The special Double Action reels are direct drive when you wind your line (or fish) in and anti reverse when the fish is running.

The larger Classic Mohlin reels have a so called "disc drum drag" which is smooth and reliable. The saltwater and double action reels have a large cork disc drag which is made to perfection.

Streamer

salar76 said:
hmm, very nice looking reels indeed!

anyone know how they compare to, say, a Bogdan (apart from the price!). I liked the look of the new hardy cascapedia, but was very dissapointed when i got one in my hands. and how would the drag compare to the likes of an Abel?

do they have a multiplier action, or is the handle just for show (like the cascapedia #2)?

cheers

lawrence (not a tackle tart of course)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.