Fly Fishing Forum banner

Welcome to Oregon; Sigh ... why do I believe this?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mitch 
#1 ·
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Hang on to any of the new State of Oregon Quarters ! ! !

If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents. The U.S.Treasury announced today that it is recalling all of the Oregon quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each state."

"We are recalling all the new Oregon quarters that were recently issued," Treasury Undersecretary Jack Shackleford said Friday. "This action is being taken after numerous reports that the new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices." The quarters were issued in the order in which the various states joined the U.S. and have been a tremendous success among coin collectors worldwide.

Well, at least we've got fish in our rivers ... even if we can't buy a candy bar in a coin op. machine.

:rolleyes:

#2 ·
Fred... That must be a "story"........

Oregon quarters aren't even scheduled for release until mid 2005. I think someone is feeding you a "Bill of Goods".

(How do I know???- Easy!) My wife is an avid collector of the coins, especially for my children and grandchildren. Next one due out is Michigan. She has the whole schedule of releases. They are released in the same order they achieved statehood, with 5 releases per year. Oregon will be the 3rd release in 2005.

BobK:)

#3 ·
Bob, thanks for the update.

From what I've read recently I was also under the impression that the Oregon Quarters were not in circulation ... yet. And even the final design may be up in the air.

But the 'cut/paste' of this was from a new article; don't believe 'everything' you see in print.
:hehe:

#5 ·
Hammer, don't I wish!

I can tell you haven't 'priced' good double hooks of late. Sheesh!

What's always had me scratching my head was treble hooks are a 'dime a dozen,' doubles (which are trebles without the third hook soddered on) are pricie as gold.
:eyecrazy:

#6 ·
Seen this before

I originally saw this in regards to the Texas quarters.
The missing part is that the duck tape that holds the two dimes and nickle keep jamming in the machines.
The quarters' designer was from Texas A&M...

On the topic of Oregon, I'm guessing it will either have a covered wagon on it (The Oregon Trail), or a Beaver following the trivial fact that Oregon is the only state flag to have a front different from the back of it's flag (Beaver on the back).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.