Fly Fishing Forum banner

Better SBFT report

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Roop 
#1 ·
Mike and I went out after work yesterday and pre-work today. Last evening we saw one school busting bait but could not get there before they went down again. We saw another single bust or two before we steamed back in around 8pm. This am around 5 we set out again and had multiple sightings with one quick long shot that failed. All fish were sighted in the "general" H buoy area.

Though it is not great stuff to report it is still better than the last report when we did not see a thing. I have a good feeling about this year.

#2 ·
A buddy suggested to me, and I agree, that there's too much bait and the schools have split up = hard to get a cast off as they are up & down in seconds.

FWIW - we spotted 6 schools yesterday afternno. The first fish spotted was medium to giant - about 3' above the water. Not too hard to miss :Eyecrazy:

It will be interesting to see what impact the hundreds of boats chasing them this weekend will have.

Best of luck,

Roop

#4 ·
What a wonderful reason for having a hard time hooking up with these guys - too much food! I'll take that any day for any species and I pray that you are right!

I'll miss the weekend madness but will enjoy reading about it.

Good luck and I hope I get to see ya out there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.