Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thomas & Thomas SC 969S-4 (9'6",9wt,4pc)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2HandTheSalt 
#1 ·
Thinking about a T&T 9'6" 9wt 4 pc Smooth Cast rod but haven't gotten out to cast one yet. Any opinions on how these compare, casting wise to the RPLxi 3 pc? I was going to get an RPLxi 9' 3pc 10 wt but decided to hold off when another opprtunity presented itself. I will cast the T&T before I make my choice I 'm just soliciting feedback.

#3 ·
For what it's worth, the, ' SC' designation on that line of rods from Thomas & Thomas was derived from the original, ' Code,' name for it during R & D. The, ' SC,' stood for, ' Stripers-Cape Cod.'

Maybe someone is calling it, ' Smooth Cast,' now, but I just thought you might like to know that those rods were designed by Tom Dorsey specifically for fishing for stripers from the beach.

I believe that you will find there is a renewed emphasis on customer service now that T & T has completed the move into spacious new digs in Greenfield.

And when you buy one, you are supporting a premier Massachusetts company.

Jay Horton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.