Fly Fishing Forum banner

Time ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DFix 
#1 ·
Juro,
Just wondering how much time is allowed in writting up a post? As I screw off at work while sitting at my desk and I get a phone call it's hard sometimes to complete a post in a timely manner. When I get done and if I take too long it's gone into cyber space. Sinktip says you got it set up just for me that way because of my rambling on and on. If true I can't blame you at all. But if I know the time before the writing of a post expirers then I can hang up on my client and complete the post! Is spell check working? God knows and so does everyone else I need that too!
Thanks
OC

#4 ·
Shouldn't matter what you're doing

The thing logs you off, too. I can be doing the same thing, have to answer phone, whatever, read diff. posts, come back to reply I'm in the middle of 'rambling' on, and find out I'm 'logged off' - don't tell me about aggressive cookies, 'cuz I'm not buying that anymore.

Doesn't happen anywhere else. Right mouse copy really shouldn't be necessary.

#5 ·
The problem could be that both OC and Dfix have the option to browse board without cookies option off. I neer have these problems and this is the one difference in our account setups. You can modify this is the edit options part of USER CP if you want it on.

With this ON you should not have as much trouble as it is easier for the board to track you if you have the cookies turned on.

You may not want to have the cookies on but in the end it will give you a better user experience and log off problems should not happen as often.

-sean

#6 ·
Thanks Sean.

Frankly, I never see the problem either.

So we could do two things:

1) take a poll with the neat poll thing we have to see how many people are affected by this

2) you guys could turn on the cookies and see if it solves the problem

suggestions?

#7 · (Edited)
Sean, this is from work, and I never set a cookie preference on or off. I go and clear my settings occasionally through the day, but that shouldn't have any effect on a current and active posting.

I don't even try to get on at home anymore.

Also, in the few seconds it takes to go "BACK" after a post is made, it ALWAYS gives that screwy "Warning: Page has Expired" message, which means I have to back up and sometimes out of a thread, hit 'refresh' so as to view whether the post connected. I can't make this crap up, I'm an old dinosaur programmer and have absolutely no clue how to work in these new systems...so it's just type and do whatever else is necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.