Fly Fishing Forum banner

Guatemala Fly Fishing Tournament

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Sailfish Guatemala and El Capitan Marina invite you to participate in Guatemala's First Annual Fly Fishing Tournament April 10-14. Guatemala has gained an international reputation for having the world's best sailfishing. Test your skill in teams of three, for information contact Scott at 1-800-638-7405.
www.sailfish-guatemala.com

#2 ·
...'sounds like BassMasters on steroids...
There's nothing quite like heated competition (my tribe/team is "better" than your tribe/team) to bring out the darkside.
My .02

#6 ·
20-30 rises per day, hmm sounds interesting but thats during our prime michigan steelhead spring runs and my client US tax returns are due on 4/15. Have to pass this year. Heck I doubt if I could handle a sailfish anyway in all that warm weather and competition. :hehe: :hehe:

#7 ·
I am already booked for a Bahamas trip in April but maybe next year? People who have been down there confirm that Guatemala is one of the most consistent sailfish fisheries for fly fishing.

#8 ·
What are the flies & gear of choice down there for sails on the fly?

Not something I can swing this year, maybe for 2003 we can put together a South American tour: sails in Guatemala, tarpon in Belize, trout in Argentina... never come home!!

#10 ·
Welcome Pezvela, it's nice to have a representative from one of the world's greatest sailfish destinations in the world here on the forum.

I would really appreciate your participation because I want to visit your waters to indulge in the sailfish, such a great fly rod gamefish - as soon as possible. I'm also sure the mahi mahi are plentiful and there's nothing like fresh mahi on the grill with a margarita to sip on.

Ironically I've been reading about Guatemala and seeing more sport fishing shows on your sailfishing lately (ESPN, etc).

If you'd be willing to support us as a sponsor we'd be pleased to display your ad banner with a link to your site through 2002.

In any case, it's great to have you here! Welcome and please keep us informed with your reports and information about the fishery.

#11 ·
Oh God..... When will I retire... when will I retire.... I hope at 55.. Sailfish on a fly... visting Adrian in Bermuda.. Key West.... Fishing every morning in the summer in Chatham... Steelhead.... trout in Montana.... please God let me live long enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.