Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring Clave: Final Answer?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Gents,

It's Clave Week. Things are looking up weather wise!
We need to hammer out/discuss/vote on a few items to firm things up.
Since the weather has held off the fish we need to be fluid in our fishing plans.
Let's watch the reports closely and form a plan for where to fish in the forum here by thurs. Please give us some input.

<b>Official Clave Meeting site Sat. 5:30 AM </b>. : West Dennis Beach. GO to end of Davis Beach Rd.
on Map below (Bass River Jetty and Cul De Sac). If it turns out fish are at
Falmouth or Race Point, we can change the plan. But for now we need at least a solid meeting place. Thoughts?

<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?uid=u6a4ktacq7j6z8iw%3A2l0w25q4y&link=brec%2Frec-map_results&SNVData=njij9-g67%253bvdduvj%257c0u6%2Ccjtsc%2528z%2Cf7c3m%25280%2Cc2j%257c59y825.3rs%253b_auuywh.q8k8%2529c2j%257c59zbs1.q8k8%2529cw8%257c.062wqw%2C3iqcme5%257c%253brom6%2528.gv2js-%2524kdq%2528.xif1m88%253b%2Chxggm-eqej%253bxmwjs8%2524bcjsol%2540klqr%25280%2Crxhqje%253blibbdf%25245s34l9-Idlrk5%2524%252bT%2517%2524%252bF%2515&mouse_mode=zoomin&map.x=341&map.y=249" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?uid=u6a4ktacq7j6z8iw%3A2l0w25q4y&link=brec%2Frec-map_results&SNVData=njij9-g67%253bvdduvj%257c0u6%2Ccjtsc%2528z%2Cf7c3m%25280%2Cc2j%257c59y825.3rs%253b_auuywh.q8k8%2529c2j%257c59zbs1.q8k8%2529cw8%257c.062wqw%2C3iqcme5%257c%253brom6%2528.gv2js-%2524kdq%2528.xif1m88%253b%2Chxggm-eqej%253bxmwjs8%2524bcjsol%2540klqr%25280%2Crxhqje%253blibbdf%25245s34l9-Idlrk5%2524%252bT%2517%2524%252bF%2515&mouse_mode=zoomin&map.x=341&map.y=249</a><!--auto-->

<b>Dinner Sat. night</b>: Need to finalize locale and Need a headcount to get a
big table. So far we've put forth:
Clancy's - 8 Upper County Road, Dennisport, 394-6661
They have typical $8.00 to $19.00 menu items. Good food. If you want to eat
cheaper you can but this is a good place. Any objections let us know. If enough
people want to change we will.
See the menu at: <a href="http://www.capecodmenus.com/clancy's.htm" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.capecodmenus.com/clancy's.htm</a><!--auto-->
How about dinner at 7:00 pm since tides will be off?

<b>Lodging:</b> All full, nothing new, would be nice to house Mr. Estey and Mr
Pritchard. Otherwise you guys see cheap lodging section at:
<a href="http://www.stormloader.com/saltcast/SpringRun/SR1.html" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.stormloader.com/saltcast/SpringRun/SR1.html</a><!--auto-->

<b>Early arrivals</b>: high tides will be 2:14am and 2:52pm on Sat.
3:03am and 3:44pm on Sun.

I'll be getting there as close to midday Friday as possible to fish the mid afternoon
tide. My crew: we can coordinate boat launchings and warm up with some up river schoolie fishing?

<b>Sundays plan</b> will be decided at dinner Sat. night.

My cell will be on as much as possible (781)-690-1470

TerryW

See less See more
#3 ·
Terry,

I'm still in. The boat is in Bourne, so that's a help. I'm going to try to take a half day on Friday & pick up Al, but I'm not sure if I can take it yet. I'd like to avoid rush hour traffic & trailer to Dennis in the daylight if possible. Clancey's is fine by me.

We can hammer out some boat details on the board. Like, pick a VHF channels so we can scout effectively. I'll try to remember to bring a hose for boat guys who need to rinse, flush out boats/OBs.

They're talking 60's to low 70's by the end of the week, this bodes well for action picking up. Hopefully, the reports over the next few days will be encouraging. I think they're coming, how many & how big are the questions.

If there is anything you need help with let me know.

#4 ·
Hey Terry,

Thanks for all the work.

Clancy's sounds good to me. No need to worry about a bunk for me and Mike wont be able to make it until Sunday. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier but I can crash on the floor of our N. Falmouth office.

If there is anything I can do to help out just let me know.

#5 ·
Terry,

Expected arrival Friday, mid-day. Will coordinate with you.
Clancy's is fine.
I'm definitly out for Sun night.
My cell # 617-510-8619
Good idea for a common VHF channel,.. 68 / 69 ?

I'd also like to be watching to see if the bass start moving into the rips after squid....

Let's keep the mercury in the 60 - 70's through the weekend.

#9 ·
Marco and I will do our best to show up Sat, probably a bit later in the morning. Look for us in a green wood-canvas canoe. We'll plan on heading up bass river with the tide. Joskolator's not in the water yet, victim to all this rain, which gave the yard a nice excuse, if nothing else.

#11 ·
Hi Terry,

Well I will not be able to make down there this weekend. My best fishing buddy (my son) is moving back east and is due to arrive this weekend. Sorry, who would have guessed that
the first fishing weekend gets munged up by one of the people I enjoy fishing with the most.

#13 ·
clancy's sounds good to me(how do i get there?) sat is out for me due to my fly-tying group having a one day clave in cotuit, and seeing as how they are all day-tripping they will probably head back early. hope to see you all there. Tom

#14 ·
Clancy's is on upper county road... take exit 9 off rte 6, turn south toward the sound on 134. At intersection with upper cty, take a left and go a mile or two. Clancy's is on the left by the Swan River bridge.

Terry - any thoughts as to time for Clancy's (they serve food till 11pm)

oops - just saw your 7pm suggestion... we could go later since they are accomodating to late eaters.

I wonder if Clancy's beach house (lower county) is open? Much more casual and seating is easier.

#15 ·
Juro,

Your right there will be many make up days with Bobby aboard NE Bay. He is moving and working in Chatham this summer, so hopefully he can get a resident permit so I can still use the Stage Harbor boat ramp.

The newly expanded Blue Northern Fly shop is complete and is now triple in size. Stop by and check it out.

#16 ·
I saw the renovated area before it was completed and was very impressed. I'm sure you are as busy as the proverbial twin-peckered billy goat with the fly shop as big as the rest of the store (almost). I'll be by early and often (now I'll never get back to work during lunch breaks!)

Geez if your son's in Chatham that will open up a number of accesses for you around PBay too. You lucky dog! I'd better get my kid thinking the same way in the summers to come. I get Dennis rights and that's awesome in spring and fall but as the season progresses it's no Chatham.

Hmmm... Orleans...

#17 ·
Juro,

I talked to Clancy's yesterday. They operate on first come basis only. SO one of us will have to go about 6:00 and put our name in. That's not a problem, and they will accomadate our party. I figure it's almost low tide, and many of us do not eat Euro style (ie..10pm). I told them 7:30ish.
If Clancy's Beach house is available it sounds better. I'll leave that to you if you have time to call. I'm up to my eyeballs in 6 year old bday party! Cake everywhere! Yuk.

TerryW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.