Fly Fishing Forum banner

Summer giving way to most beautiful time of year.

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ken G McLeod 
#1 ·
Good times this summer. :) Oh yeah. Good times.

#2 ·
Thanks Ken,

I still hope to be coming out soon for some good times. Day job is really putting the screws to me! I just had to cancel a dream trip to Newfoundland for fall atlantics due to a key customer crisis. Makes me all the more anxious to get out to the pacific northwest in October.

#4 ·
Ken -
Got to love this "Indian Summer weather". Have to agree that this may be the best season of the year. Contra to what has happen with most anandormous runs of fish this year our favorite little anadromous cousin the sea-run cutthroat is showing in good numbers with a very nice sprinkling of fish in the 17 to 20 inch range.

Going to be torn in a couple weeks - the choice between the shotgun and the fly rod will be tough. If this weather continues I'm going to be very happy to have the extra time for the oudoors.

May you enjoy the fall and all it has to offer!

Curt

#6 ·
Took the pointer out, and friend Cory to the smith farm. WOW that dog is something else. Another group, with two labs hunted through one of the fields slowly, as I worked around on the other end, they then went over into the next field, and i began working into where they had been. BANG dog goes on point, right where the other group had worked the slowest, and I get in position, bird jumps, and down it comes, then Chance takes another three to four steps, and BANG goes on point again. Bird jumps, and friend Cory gets one too. A day that looked to be going sour due to the rain knocking out the rivers, turned into a great adventure for Cory, me, and the faithfull gun dog, Chance. Two points, two shots, one niec pheasant dinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.