Fly Fishing Forum banner

It's Paxton's birthday

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
Happy Birthday Ron. How many years does this make that you've been "stuck" :eek:n 59? :hihi:

#4 ·
Thanks Guys,
Garry (Polareyez), now YOU know this is my first 59....it's next year that I get stuck on that number :)
Juro.... went yesterday and the flats did flood and I did get my presents a day early :D
Hope to get out again mid week for "belated" gifts from the fish Gods.
Ron

#6 ·
You are Old...

but, I've got you by a couple of years. Lets linkup this month to celebrate that birthday. The bowl was dead today...went as far as the Rosa Rogussa flat, just shy of the dropoff. Backside was also no good. Need to go further south, right?

I suspect Keith isn't running until the end of the week. Plan on It, and bring Amy. She has the mojo to attract fish.

Simms

#7 ·
Hi Jim, My "report" of yesterday's trip to SB is in the thread: "Boy, if you aren't fishing today" on this site.
Sorry it was dead for you today.....yesterday was fairly good. Think that wind direction needs to get back to S or SW. I've found (right or wrong) that a couple days of N winds just closes the fishing down.
Look forward to getting together and hunting down those fish!
Ron

#8 ·
Wishing you a Happy 59th Ron! My son and I fished the south tip of NM on Saturday. Only chance we had to fish together. Lots of small blues in the deep holes and not enough water on the flats thanks to that north wind. Tim did get a chance to cast to one 15 or so pounder that he saw but did not eat. Seals where all over the place and we packed it in at 1:30 for the trip home. Out going tide didn't seem very promising. All in all, it was a great (windy) day and my son now has the flats bug. Today is his birthday!

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.