Fly Fishing Forum banner

What's with the weather?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Cole 
#1 ·
It looks like a Noreaster this Sat and part of Sunday.......this is the third weekend that I may not get down..... and most of the rest of this week.... I can not remember a May and June like this before.

#5 ·
Weather's not so bad...if you can fish any/every day. But us weekend warriors are developing a wicked ugly temperment. Great tide this weekend if your a weekend warrior with a short leash on fishing time. At my spot I get to catch the best of the tide cycle and can be home to haul some brush to the dump run by 8:30am.

#7 ·
John....the weather does stink, as do the forecasters! I went down to the cape this past Tuesday for a planned over-nighter because 3 weather web sites and 2 TV forecasters ALL said that Tues and Wed. would be partly cloudy with 5 to 10 SW winds...in addition the local Caspe radio station verified the same on the drive down at 5 a.m......fished Tuesday, then when off the water listened to the forecast to make sure that it was the same....NOT!!!...changed to mostly cloudy with rain in the afternoon for Wed.......so I headed home.....on the way back, by Middleboro(6 pm) it was cloudy and raining.....guess that was the rain predicted for the next day.
Oh....on Tuesday fog was predicted till 11 a.m.......so when I arrived at Morris it was "blue bird"....the fog arrived at noon and lasted for 2 hrs. The 5 to 10 was 20 to 25 mph......so the only part they got right was that it was Tuesday.
Hard to plan a trip.....it seems to me that in the ancient times of my childhood, without all the high tech equipment.....forecasting was more accurate.
FYI....fish still coming up on the flats briefly.....water still cold for this time of year in my opinion...blues have started to arrive.
Ron

#9 ·
This is starting to remind me of last year! I swear there was a month stretch with rained out weekends last year... I've been making the most of it this season though... Sunday is looking like it might be passable for sight fishing....Its been a while!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.