Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Local News Weather

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other source (reply to post)

Votes: 7 26.9%

Weather: What do you use?

3K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  JimW 
#1 ·
Based on reliability, ease of use, accessibility, and general fish-catching karma - which resource do you use for weather?

#4 ·
all of the above and accuweather. although i question the value of a 15 day forecast. in NE, as best I can tell, it's meaningless. when all else fails, i ask the eight ball.

Beyond sun/rain, temp and wind direction I would be curious to hear what other metrics folks pay attention to and why?

#6 ·
I use NWS/Noaa for short range forecast - marine & land based.

I also like the Intellicast Radar, especially the metro view which is useful for very short range stuff.

#7 ·
I guess I use all of them but the one I use most for long range info is the navy wave model site for the Pacific. Surfers use it to predict when waves will arrive on their local shores and about how big the surf will be. The model gives 5 day prediction of where storm will be moving too and what fetch waves are going. The navy uses color bands to show wave intensity but you can use the pictures to show how intense the moving low will be. Using it as a storm tracker is righ about 99% of the time, way better than anything else I use. Don't know how that would work on the east coast because most of our storms in the Pacific develope off of Japan and move Eastward. a lot of East coast lows are just the continuation of the storms i tracted the week before continuing across the USA and Canada.

The Navy really has got it down though.

#10 ·
I use Weather Underground. It loads faster than the others on my rural line and has a scientific discussion button. Typed in Cape Cod this morning and it included several paragraphs from the National Weather Service in Taunton MA. with models and other meteorlogical terms.
link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.