Fly Fishing Forum banner

Weather Wise! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
God we're having strange weather around here 4/25/03 and the wind is howling, and all the mountains to the south and west of us (Medford, OR) are getting another dump of snow.

Can we get on with Spring??????:confused:

#3 ·
Willie, I'd love to swap weather with you right now!

Medford is usually in the high 60 - low 70's for daytime temps. at this time of the year. But we're having a Spring that won't come. Orchard guys had all their frost protection gear going last weekend. Temp on Saturday morning was supposed to be 39 ... how about 29.:eek:

Actually had the first shot of freezing guides on the upper river shooting heads off a WC line this "winter."
Yuck!
:mad:

#4 ·
Amen, Rogue Brother Evans! Preach it!

Did you see the flows today? Anything below Casey is a wash!

I'm getting frustrated... almost frustrated enough to hit the Holy Water, definitely frustrated enough to fish the Expo Ponds with Otis. The Crappie have been being cooperative, though.

-G

#5 ·
Roger that Gus.

Flows out of the dam are back up to 2,000 cfs and when you hit Dodge Bridge 15 miles down stream add 50% more to that. At Gold Ray dam another 15 miles add another 50%.

This is really screwing up the fishing big time. Fish count as of 4-20-03 was 23,723 winter steelhead .... of which only 2,400 are in the hatchery. So where are the rest of the Buggers????? Even the planted fish appear to be 'free spawning' this winter up the feeder creeks. No way can I believe that 90% of the run were all native fish.

Interesting part of the report though is there are already 400 spring kings parked in the hatchery; this shouldn't be happening for at least another 3'ish weeks. The higher water flows is pulling the darned things up river in a big hurry. Good news for the folks fishing the lower Rogue is they're taking 50 fish a day and many, many of them have been in the high 30- low 40 #'s. That 'thar's a big fish!.
fae

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.