Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hey Juro

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
When I was at the fly fishing show here in Seattle, I saw Simon. He was playing some footage of you and him overhead casting in the salt. Looking pretty good my friend. Wish the DVD was available today!

#2 ·
Hi Matt -

I might accept credit for organizing the "Sultan of Spey's" visit to our briny homewaters, and perhaps for recruiting some exceptional video and sound talent in Tom and Eddie, but the casting skill was entirely in his hands.

We are blessed with some really beautiful country to practice our fishing and explore the two-handed approach, and it was an honor to have the opportunity to contribute. It was the least we could do for all we've received from Simon's teachings!

I recall moments where we would all be listening intently as he would fire a frozen rope into the next tide zone. It was all I could do to hold back my "holy sh*t!" comments, which would have caused some editing problems in the editing room :tongue: Luckily I was able to hold my breath. Also, when he throws the snake rolls at the Chatham wall it's not hard to see just how valuable a spey cast can be in a tidal current flow with such a spot behind you.

BTW - these are the same waters where Sean experienced his own multi-keeper days, and not far from where the new break is cutting through from the ocean. It should be a fun year with OC, Kush, and possibly Leland, NorthFk, Doublespey... and others rumored to be coming to chase linebackers on the Cape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.