Fly Fishing Forum banner

Kings/steelhead in June

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JDJones 
#1 ·
Help! A fishing camp in British Columbia has had the week of June 12-19 become available for a group of five anglers, and I have been given first shot at it. I need to find four people interested in chasing chrome bright, ocean fresh "Springs" (Chinook) and summer steelhead with a fly. These fish are rated as some of the strongest in the world, and my own personal experience confirms this rating. The camp is extremely inviting, clean, and comfortable, with a first-rate staff, and the cooking is world class. The river is set amongst one of the most breathtakingly beautiful backdrops in North America.
This is a chance to flyfish for both WILD Chinook and WILD steelhead in the most prime condition possible, only minutes from the saltchuck, a chance to experience the most rewarding "pulls" in freshwater . Also, for anyone interested in learning how to catch Springs or steelhead on a fly, or how to Skagit cast, this is a great "learn while you play" opportunity. The cost, starting at Campbell River, British Columbia, is $3595.00 - Saturday to Saturday. Did I mention that these fish are rated amongst the strongest salmonids in the world? If interested P.M. me.

#4 ·
I would love to be on that trip as it would be a perfect time to test a theory that the Atlantis is a very good chinook rod. June is not a time I can break away though, prime of the striper season and I've started booking up pretty tight around the best tides.

Let me check with some friends who might jump on it...

#5 ·
Fred,
I can certainly understand the fondness that you have for the Rogue considering those stats. However, everyone that I know of that has fished this particular river for kings or steelhead all agree on one thing for sure - the fish of this river are in a class of their own. This opinion is held by many highly regarded and well-experienced flyfishers that have fished for kings/steelhead throughout the entire North American continent.

#8 ·
addict`s june 12-19 trip

I was on that river last yr during that same time. plus I have fished it for many yrs.the robustness of those fish are legendary!!!that week last yr <I hooked several fish. the kings were 20-35 lbs.most ran 400 to 800 yds before release.brighter than a lot of fish I have caught in the salt.everyone knows the steelhead are at the top of the list. particularly in this section of the river.released one that week that was over 38".I have never stayed at the lodge but have visited many times. It is a top notch operation! Know the people well.Plus you get to be around river addict for a week!some of his vast experience has to rub off on you! how can you pass this up?!!Beau

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.