Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tarpon it is!

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SageBoy 
#1 ·
I've settled on the Tarpon 140. It's has plenty of room for a tall leggy guy like me. :wink:

I pick it up tomorrow night, and then a new chapter in my bumbling adventures begins. No giggling. :tsk_tsk: :hihi:

#3 ·
Mark,

GREAT CHOICE! I've loved mine since the moment I cracked the Bud Light over her bow. I'm contemplating upgrading to the rudder after my paddling in NZ, but it may be out of my budget for this year. Enjoy!

Nick

#4 ·
Gator, I've done my homework on this and then some over the past several weeks. I appreciate your concern, but for my situation and what I intend to use this yak for, I really don't think I could do much better. And yes, I took it for a spin. :wink:

Nick, mine is coming with the rudder already installed. :smokin:

#5 ·
Sweet...

Had come across that info and thought I'd pass it on. Personally, I like to have as much information as possible both good and bad and as much as I can get from independent sources all to factor into my own opinion on something. Sounds like you've done the same thing and considered it all and made a great decision.

Another great adventure in the making!

Take care,
Chris

#6 ·
Congrats Mark - great choice! :smokin:

I have one of the older style Tarpon 160s and paddled one of the new T120s down in Florida. I think Wilderness Systems have done a lot of listening to the kayak fishing community over the past couple of seasons.

Let me know when you are ready to hook-up.

#7 ·
I think you're right....Wilderness Systems has been listening.

I sat in the 120, and surpise surprise I felt a bit cramped. I also tested an Ocean Prowler 13 and a few others, but the T140 just felt like it fit my body and fishing type best.

I'll let you know when I'm ready...probably in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge that you pass on. :)

#9 ·
Hi Mark,

Congrats on the new Tarpon 14, great yak! It sure opens up alot of new fishing spots for freshwater and salt. Hopefully we can hit the water together sometime in the yaks this summer/fall. I found I can get down to the Thames and New london pretty quick, But don't really know the area too well. Looks like some nice water there and around Niantic. I Usually end up driving alittle longer to get to Watch Hill.

I don't know if you have a rack for the transporting the kayak or not But I looked at them pretty throughly and just picked one up and installed it. I would be happy to share some of the things I 've learned about them if your interested.

Missed CT UFT this spring.

Happy Yakkin. ;)
Greg.

#11 ·
Welcome to the darkside :lildevl:

Current Yaks
2- Ocean Kayak Capers
1 - O.K. Cabo (tandem)

All rigged & Decked Out For Flyfishing
scotty rod holders 3 - 4 each, anchor systems, seats & butt pads, paddle holders, T - Bar w) GPS / Bluechart, yak leash's, etc.

rivers, creeks, lakes & great lakes

pounded the bass yesterday btw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.