Fly Fishing Forum banner

Digital Scale...and line weight...

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PEC54 
#1 ·
So...
I've got a box of unmarked lines...
Time to properly sort them out...
'Found a digital scale that does grams/grains/oz/ct for about the same $$ as a pizza and a brew at the British Beer Company...
'Tried it on a know quantity...Rio w/heads...'found a discrepancy...
OCD here I come! :roll: Can the packaging and sale of recreational substances be far behind?! :confused: Just say "NO" to drugs! :tsk_tsk:

Below...'Curious that the listed weight on the tag was quite different from the tale of the scale!

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a hand scale I bought a couple years ago and have not needed to use it yet. I forget the brand and I left it down the cape... It is meant for weighing lines.... It is in the shape of a tube with a hook on the end... similar to the old hand scales that you see in brass. Does any one have the same thing and used it yet? I have meant to check it out with known line weights but have not yet.

#5 ·
striblue said:
I have a hand scale I bought a couple years ago and have not needed to use it yet. I forget the brand and I left it down the cape... It is meant for weighing lines.... It is in the shape of a tube with a hook on the end... similar to the old hand scales that you see in brass. Does any one have the same thing and used it yet? I have meant to check it out with known line weights but have not yet.

I use mine all the time...I would say that it is accurate to 5% or about half a saltwater line weight.....have fun weighing your lines....:biggrin:

#6 ·
Accuracy check...

For what it's worth, weighing in a few known quantities...
...the $16. ebay digital scale appears to be SPOT ON!
After finding an effective rod/line weight casting combination, I suspect that it will be quicker/easier to match follow on applications...weshallsee...OCDitis?! :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.