Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sad but Good

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
#1 ·
Decided to go out yesterday after my Grandmothers funeral in a relatively sad and somber mood. Between 3 of us we boated around 75 fish. Not a red letter day by any means but still productive. Spoke to a few of the " regulars " and on the day most of them reported catches in the tripple digits. ( mind you they are out sun up to sun down ). Only wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more. Kind of hard to have a good time when you have just burried a loved one.

#5 ·
Fishing

Fishing is definately one of the best ways to clear the mind or reflect upon days gone by. I had spent many of summer afternoon with my Grandfather and Grandmother fishing. My grandfather would give me a coffe can and a little garden shovel and we would dig up worms and go to the pond and catch sunfish . My grandmother would make sandwiches and lemonade and read her book while my Father and Grandad would teach me what to do.

Only to be that age again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.