Fly Fishing Forum banner

Captain Perry in Grand Bahama

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nmbrowncom 
#1 ·
Hey all, I notices that the website for Captain Perry in Grand Bahama is not up anymore. I'm wondering if this is a technical glitch or if he's out of the solo guiding gig. Anyone have current info on what's happening with him?

Bjorn

#5 ·
I was just out there this past September...we used Captain Phil out of there. He was great, our airline actually lost our rods for three days, and Capt. Phil let us borrow two of his own 9wts. for a couple days so we could DIY until our rods got to us. He picks you up with his van even if you are staying out near Freeport and drops you back off free of charge. From what I saw his fleet of skiffs were nice boats and his brother and nephew guide for him as well, good guys. They know the waters very good and will put you on fish no matter the conditions.

http://www.bahamasbonefishing.net/

#6 ·
Captain Phil and Captain Perry are cousins... seems everyone is related there. Glad you had a good experience with him. I've heard it can be a bit uneven, as Capt. Phil generally doesn't do the guiding himself and basically outsources to folks around McClean's Town... could be someone that really knows their stuff, and could be someone that mostly fishes for lobster and doesn't know the first thing about fly fishing. If you go with Capt. Phil, make sure you ask who your guide will be and how much experience they have.

B-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.