Fly Fishing Forum banner

Teeny Line

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Just a quick update for any Teeny Line owners:
I recently sent back my t350 line with a pleasant note regarding where the sink tip portion meets the line because of cracking. None of us has experienced that, right :)!! Not that I want to take advantage of the company, but I just wanted to hear there input. My reply was a brand new line with no questions asked. Pretty repuitable if you ask me. Just a little F.Y.I. for any Teeny throwers.
BrianZ.

#2 ·
The Cortland 444 QD had the same problem, and I haven't heard one bad report on their service policies either. I think it's manufacturing issue caused by the combination of the two materials - sinking head, running line.

The Rio Deep Sea offers the same style line with a much stronger running line union that did not crack or fail for me after most of the season (I used another line early on) and it looks ready for action for this season too.

Frankly, it doesn't shoot like the T series lines or the QD lines, but the cracking problem is more than I could bear.

Luis mentions a new SA line, worth looking into.

I hope someone comes out with a line that shoots as well as the T series / QD lines but is as tough as the Rio.

#4 ·
Jeff -

We'll be getting some to test... I hope. Haven't heard back yet but we might be able to let you see for yourself!

The primary difference is the coating material technology. If they stand by the warranty I am more than satisfied! The rep showed us 300,400,500 grain lines this past weekend.

They look like the T series in color schemes but I was told the similarity ends there.

I also noticed that the sink portion was thin, which aids in cutting depth (density, less resistance, etc).

I am pretty optimistic based on what I heard.

more to come...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.