Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip Sign up for OCTOBER 7 AND/OR OCTOBER 8

7K views 85 replies 22 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Here is what I posted on the 9/29 sign up thread:

"Just spoke to Keith ....he will not be around for the 29th....plus the fact that he sees the winds really honking from the SW...so he is off to Maine. He will post this afternoon with a confirmation that the next Rip Trip can come off on Sunday , October 7 or Monday, October 8...Monday is Columbus day and a holiday. I will start a new thread for sign ups for October 7 and/or 8th....we should shoot for the 7th with the 8th as back up.

USE THIS THREAD FOR SIGN UPS FOR OCTOBER 7....

#27 ·
Possibe two more

John,

I have two of my regulars that would like to go, one is having problems signing on to the forum, as Juro has not made his joining the Forum official on his end, and the other just had a computer crash.

Do you want to do 14 or leave it at 12? If you want the later please put Steve M and Dave Price on stand by.

We have the clearance for 15 max.

#32 · (Edited)
For all...I posted this on a separate thread....

"I wanted to remind all the rip trip particicpants that we will have a larger number than usual and think it is important that I mention a standing rule right off the bat that we all implimented after an earlier rip trip a couple years ago. We all agreed that if one fisherman is in a hot spot and since the current swing into the rip will not allow more than 3 or 4 line swings at a time , hot spots need to be rotated among the attendees and no one guy can stay all day in a "hot spot"swing position . Everyone will be able to swing the fy from right to left on an outgoing tide and left to right on incoming tide. Fish are all over that shore line anyway and fish can be caught even if you are not in the swing line....BUT.... in the event positions become key... and hot spots become obvious the rule will be that once a fish is caught in a hot spot the catcher will rotate and LET THE NEXT GUY have some action. No exceptions or we as a group wll not be too happy with hoging .... any questions or objections....I will remind every one of this and am certainly open to suggestions to make this fair to all." Forgot to say that no one polices this rule and we all expect that this is "volunteered" and we all don't expect a disorgainized firedrill so to speak.

Here is the current list:

1. striblue
2. Penguin
3. Paxton
4. Polareyez
5. FishHawk
6. sradin
7. CJS60
8. Sean Juan
9. PopnesetBay
10. Guernseybass
11. flydoc
12. n1gdo
13. SteveM
14. DaveP
15. Warren

#33 ·
I am putting Lefty (Terry) on the alternate list for Sunday.... we will see how many guys want to go again on Monday..I will not but there may be guys who want to. This is historic... getting Terry off the North shore! :) ;) Terry, Bonefishmon is on the fence...if he can not do it you are in....for Sunday.

#36 ·
Rip Trip

Hi John,
Keith asked that I let you know I am a registered member of this great board.
Just wanted to let you know that I am.
If anyone needs a place to crash FRI,SAT,or SUN, night I have the space. Feel free to call me at 607-423-6929.
Look forward to meeting you all.
Dave P.
PS: Can you provide a suggested list of tackle flies etc?
Thanks!

#37 · (Edited)
sradin, I will put you on the waiting list..Dave, thanks very much for your offer and I am glad you posted that for any of the guys that will need a place. Look back on this post and you will see the flies needed...sandeel flies- deep eels, small bunker,...clousers, white and chartruese. Bluefish take anything down there...for stripers you need to get the fly down on the sand...under the blues, but they can still pick it up. I will get the starting time, which I think will probably be 7:30am...so get there about 7 at the latest..to give you time to get ready without rushing. Some of the guys stop at Sandi's in Chatham Center for breakfast. I will be there about 6:30 at the refuge. I will check with Keith and ask him if we can do a 7 AM departure...if so it will be posted and just move everything back 1/2 hour. Also...last minute posts will be on this thread though about midnight on Saturday night so you will have to pull yourselves away from Saturday-Night-Live. If Ken Burns has a replay of the series "The War"...I will post later as well. Edit---I can contact the Squire and ask for the back room if we can tell them we will have 15 plus...schedule it for as soon as we get off the ferry. I will call them tomorrow.

#39 ·
Rip Trip Afterparty

I am questionable about making it for full evening. We have company for the weekend at Maspee and I am cashing in a lot of chips to make the Rip Trip but we shall see. Maybe they, company and wife, will want to go/do someplace/something and I will not be pressed to get back! John, can you cancel room if we get "weathered out" on Sunday?

#40 ·
We can figure out who wants to go for dinner later, so don't worry about that. I can not make it often anyway... The people who want to will just go and meet there. It's not a full evening...just a bite to eat and then home. I am not staying Sunday night and will leave for home after dinner. I thought about this and will not bother asking for the Room. It's a pretty informal thing and without a crowd, the room would probably be available but so is a large table in the main room.

#42 ·
Phil..I just posted this info three post above...I think it's 7:30AM ..home pickup between 4 and 5...but I don't know yet...The departure will probably be either 7 or 7:30 after we finalize with keith and know we are going .

#44 ·
Jim..I am very sorry to hear that and hope she is OK..let her know we are all thinking of her and wish her the best... and you and the boys too.... No problem..I will miss you down there and keep me and the board posted on developments. :frown:

P>S. This saves me the trouble of posting another little known rule.. a double secret rule... the attempt to steal Simsy's flies while on the boat down there...that way atleast 1/2 the fish remain fair game for the rest of us.:hihi: ;) :lildevl:

#46 ·
Lefty is out. There is a miscommunication in the PM stratosphere. I was inquiring for someone else. Please take me off the list (regrettably). I wish I could go but I will be at the Boneclave of trad music fests called the "Bigsqueeze" ..that symmetry is weird.

#49 · (Edited)
I just spoke with Admiral Ed... Keith will not be back till Saturday morning and will confirm the following... The departure time will be 7:30 AM... and the cost is $30 per person. The weather looks good as far as wind is concerned... a SW <10 in the AM...turning N about 9 in the afternoon and the possibility of some minor showers. I will be at the refuge at 6:30, please be there no later than 7. Watch the board , especially Saturday night when a post will confirm the departure and any last minute things. If anyone wants my cell number, please PM me and I will send it, but you should also call the Rip Ryder if you need to cancel or are running "a little" late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.