Fly Fishing Forum banner

New York, New York

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
As a number of you may remember, I'm visiting one of our former colonies next week(!!!) and will be in New York in a couple of weeks time. Could any of you recommend good tackle shops to visit? Does Cortland have a shop in the Big Apple?

I'll also be putting into practice all the hints and tips I've picked up from the forum, as a collective, and from some of you on a one to one basis.

I'll let you know how a Scotsman's first venture in the salt goes. Good luck at the Spring Clave.

ScotsPhil

#3 ·
Orvis is on 5th avenue just down the road from the Cathedral and on the other side on the corner of Fifth and 44th Street
... it is one hell of a shop. They had piles of stuff on offer when i was there and i got nice polaroids for $30 and a fly vest for $25...

Also there is Capitol tackle, they have a web site with directions (it is esay to find):
Capitol Fishing Tackle Co.
218 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-6132 Fax# (212) 929-0039

I have been a couple of time and the guy who sells the flies is a first class chap! I almost did not mind handing over my cash...

Mylo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.