Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bonefish, Tarpon etc. in Honduras

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  flyfishingwes9 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm heading to Roatan Island, Honduras for 18 days from March 20 to April 5.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could offer suggestions/share experiences/recommend guides/guide contact info?

I'm expecting good fishing... However, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pay big money to experience it... Which I would like to avoid. I want to hire a guide for approx. 2 days... To show me some areas.... after which I could fish on my own.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank-you and Best Regards.

LPB Fly Fisher

#2 ·
hi,
i fished there, off of a cruise ship two years back in may. we told a local "bonefish" and he pointed us ot some gusy on the north end of the island. they were cheap, i think we fished 6 hrs for 150 or something. lots of permit, and small bones, as well as tarpon. it is a wonderfuly beautiful island. i hope you have great time also do google for "honduras fly fishing" good luck and have fun, it somewhat unpressured and very fishy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.