Fly Fishing Forum banner

Estero Bay, SW Florida

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CMDiesing 
#1 ·
Hello,

Im looking for some good advice on fishing in and around Estero Bay. Im relatively new to the area and even newer to fly fishing. I have a decent cast but have had much success.

Im looking for good spots (not your secret spot :) ) and reccomendations on flies. I dont have a boat so these would have to be accessible by foot. Most of my fishing is done arond the Lovers Key area.

Thanks

#2 ·
Go a little further south to Barefoot Beach...park in the 3rd parking lot at the end (watch out for the turtles under your car after parking :) )....the last 200 ft before the end of the beach has some good grass, and at the end is a long sand point that you can fish and or hit the channel beyond it ...can walk out on the point about 200 yards at low tide, fishing the drop off to the channel.....it's a great on foot place to fish. re flies...I've tied all the fancy stuff, but somehow a tan over white clouser (#4) does as well as anything.
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.