Fly Fishing Forum banner

Little largemouths were hungry today

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  new2fly 
#1 ·
Took a few casts after work tonight at a local reservoir. I was casting a small black zonker strip fly around some emerging lily pads and the 10" bass were absolutely hammering the fly. The hit to hookup ratio was about 8 to 1 but the hit is the fun part anyway, especially with the little ones :cool: .

Q

#2 ·
quentin,

but the hit is the fun part anyway
last year when i first tried fly fishing for small brookies, i didnt care that i was only hooking about 20% of the fish that hit the dry fly. i just had a blast watching them come out of the water like you mentioned. i guess thats why I injoy catching chain pickeral on top waters. I can wait to try a crack at some bass in a couple weeks.

going saturday (if the weather stays good) for my first atlantic salmon trip on the Miramichi river. going with a couple guys who really know what they are doing, so hopefully i can learn something and maybe hook a few. who knows :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.