Fly Fishing Forum banner

Blues out of control on the flats this AM

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
The blues were thick again on the south side of Cape Cod today. Averaging 4-5 pounds, they are a epicurean treat if immediately bled and consumed the same day. Remember to remove the lateral bloodlines before cooking . A great recipe with filets (skin removed) is to fry in olive oil with flour, egg and panko. Truly delicious!

#4 ·
I don't see bluefish in close where I fish often. Quite a blitz sat. am. Seemed to be pretty good size too. Beach aquaintance who is out there every day said they have been straifing the beach since mid month. Didn't see no stripers though :( .

#6 ·
Those Blues won most of the battles! I lost a few flies despite wire, the loop at the tip of 1 line and the whole of the sinking head of another 40+ line that day, bitten off by buddies following the hooked fish; but landed a few in double figures. Great fights, but just ordering replacement lines now!

#7 ·
Now I know why they call them Blues because that's what I have every time they ruin another new running line! Hey Juro. How about writing a blues number to do with bluefish tearing up brand new Rio Outbounds! The eagle flies on Friday and Saturday I go out to play with the bluefish and waste Monday's pay. Goodbye $75.00 to $150.00. LOL! Phil

#8 ·
Now I know why they call them Blues because that's what I have every time they ruin another new running line! Hey Juro. How about writing a blues number to do with bluefish tearing up brand new Rio Outbounds! The eagle flies on Friday and Saturday I go out to play with the bluefish and waste Monday's pay. Goodbye $75.00 to $150.00. LOL! Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.