Fly Fishing Forum banner

Original Carrie Stevens Streamer?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
While looking at my fathers collection of flys... which I have in a case... I noticed two streamers. These were his flies before and after WW ll... I noticed two streamers which had the tell tail orange line in the streamer head.. I suspect they could be original Carrie Stevens flys OR someone copied them back then. Here is what they look like. Any opinions?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This probably isn't what you want to hear, but without genuine authentication those flies could have been tied by just about anyone. It's always possible that Carrie Stevens did them, but it may be impossible to ever really know.

On the up side, I think that they're very nicely done. They would look good in any collection, regardless of who's tied them.

#3 ·
You are right Mark...but I had a real weird dream last night... and she came to me and asked that I return her two flies to her... that's why ,when I awoke I checked the case. Do you think that may be confirmation????????She had the CAC hat on... really weird.... please keep this to yourself.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.