Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flats fishing... for SALMON???

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·

Make sure to check out the most recent guild article "Flats Salmon" from Eric Bigler of Oregon. Like many inshore saltwater species, the salmon is a viable yet often overlooked gamefish on the coastal flats when in the pre-spawn phase, and Eric and friends are all over that!

Click on the link from the sidebar or homepage, and enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
Now you've got me thinking. Looking forward to the Kings holding in the estuaries later in the fall during their "waiting period" before going up the rivers to spawn. Picture sight casting to a cruising King in the estuary from a boat - WOW! Variation on a Bonefishing theme ala PNW style. Sounds as though this may add an entirely new dimension to my fly fishing in Puget Sound. Wonder if many folks up here pursue them this way - spotting them and casting a fly to them, that is. Have you been there and done that? The thought of a 30lb King chasing down a fly and witnessing the entire scene unfold already has my adrenalin pumping.

#4 ·
Mid summer and fall will produce in the general Vancouver BC. area great beach fishing and in the esturires great fishing for Coho. Pinks and Chum [Dog,Calico] Salmon. The chase for these buties continues to the Fraser River and its tributaries. At this time of the year it is real bonanza.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.