#1 ·
my new ride

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I like to glide... Yes, yes right between the banks and trees,
On a cloud of spray I drift in flight,
Any place it goes is right
Goes far, flies near, to the bars away from here...

Break out the Steppenwolf 8-track, it's time to RIDE! :smokin:

G
#7 ·
...And about a year ago you were lamenting the "Skagit Shuffle" and its effect on the redds in the Concrete to Skidrow Woolley section. Now you possess the ability to churn-up the redds in the entire river system. And congrats are in order?

:tsk_tsk: :(

mmm

#8 ·
MMM,

Not sure how much you know about jets but if one is churning up redds with a jet then he will be doing repairs to his jet shortly.

As far as someone doing the "Skagit Shuffle" please refresh my memory. I have never heard of the "Skagit Shuffle".

A few threads and more then a few days ago you asked me about the secret lake. I did fish it after the river closed and managed to find a few fish. I think I fished it 3 times early on but, as we both know the lake warms quickly and it seemed to do so even sooner this year so I quit the little pond earlier then in the past.

KLS

G
#9 ·
Kerry,

The "Skagit Shuffle" was simply a regional spin to the San Juan Shuffle of the past. And, Yes Sir, you did complain about the incessant wading and damage to the redds in the "Lyman Bar" area.

As to whether or not jets scour the bottoms, I believe their is sufficient observational data supporting such a conclusion. As you might be aware of, I reside along the Skagit. I have observed that, in an area where water depth is fairly constant, bank-to-bank, the mid-river is usually clear of algae, etc. With the fish redds dotted throughout, why is it that only the mid-stream is clear from one end to the other? Kerry, I watch this river pretty closely. It's the jets making their mark.

Have you ever observed the effects of your finning in the shallow end of the secret lake? In 3 feet of water, a gentle finning motion will disturb the bottom, raising a cloud.

Sorry for such a negative response to what should have been a happy thumbs-up. (I've been biting my tongue for the last week on this post and it appears I lost.)

:(

mmm

#10 ·
You have me mistaken for someone else. I have never complained of someone wading in redds at Lyman Bar. In fact I don't think I have even seen redds at Lyman Bar. If a steelhead could have moved the rocks at Lyman to spawn I would give up fishing for them just to catch that one fish. He or she would be a record for sure and most definitly the fish of a few lifetimes.

As far as jets go...........................
Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.