Fly Fishing Forum banner

If you ever think life has handed you a bad deal...

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TinMan 
#1 ·
Spend a day at Childrens Hospital in Boston. Then go home and count your blessings.

#3 ·
Agree, my oldest boy (20 and now healthy) had medical problems at birth so we got to see a childrens hospital in South Bend Indiana and Chicago. Also going to a veterans hospital is a very sad experience, we have a couple of large ones here in Chicago.

Count your blessings

#5 ·
Yes, I do know what you mean Sean and I wish you the best with whatever you're dealing with.

My 4 year old just came out of surgery on Friday. We count our blessings that a place like Childrens Hospital in Boston exists and we are additionally fortunate enough to be close enough to drive there at will (though we did get a hotel in town since we had to be in pre-op at 6am).

To those of you who have offered your support and prayers all I can say is thank you so much. He came through it just fine (much better than his dad who had to help put him under - those of you who have had to do that know what I mean - those who haven't, I hope you never have to go through it).

This Friday we go back again for results and it's been a very long agonizing week, but we're glad the surgery went well after waiting months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.