Fly Fishing Forum banner

Acklins

4K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Adam 
#1 ·
Who's in this winter? :smokin:

#6 ·
Couple of trips is a great idea. Don't rule out the short week, Saturday to Wednesday. As our knowledge of the area increases three full days on the water can get you into a lot of fish without burning a ton of vacation. By using MLK, Presidents or other long weekends you could do this trip and only burn two vacation days. Keeps the Mrs happy :lildevl: How's this for a possible schedule:

Fri night: Fly to Nassau
Sat. Morning flight to Acklins, Half day bonefishing
Sun. Full day fish
Mon. Full day fish
Tues. Full day fish
Wed. Tailers at dawn on delectable, 10:30 fly home

Do this on a Holiday weekend and it will be a little lighter on the wallet (not that the original trip wasn't more than reasonable) and you conserve vacation days :smokin:

#14 ·
February / March 2007 on Acklins !

Hi all.. not too soon to start talking about it .. will help make the next couple of months go by easier if we had a trip all planned ....Some March days may be blocked out for me but otherwise I AM IN !!!!

Juro anything I can do to help get it going ?

Lets start the thread !!! .

Would love to do a trip with my Acklins buds again !

#17 ·
You will go twice as crazy thinking about it after you go once!

OK it's time to put together some groups...

any of the alumni going again?

jims - y
frank - y
fred - hopeful
bill - y
nute - y
dave - married but hopeful ;)
sasquatch - ?
juro - matter of when not if
capeflydoc - ?
others?

We should combine the new comers with veterans for obvious reasons. Those unwilling to help new adventurers should make arrangements separately (not on the forum). We need to grow the list of veterans each year and get the ball really rolling, this is truly a dream destination for the hardcore angler.

#18 ·
juro said:
You will go twice as crazy thinking about it after you go once!

OK it's time to put together some groups...

any of the alumni going again?

jims - y
frank - y
fred - hopeful
bill - y
nute - y
dave - married but hopeful ;)
sasquatch - ?
juro - matter of when not if
capeflydoc - ?
others?

We should combine the new comers with veterans for obvious reasons. Those unwilling to help new adventurers should make arrangements separately (not on the forum). We need to grow the list of veterans each year and get the ball really rolling, this is truly a dream destination for the hardcore angler.
Bill, Larry, two new ones (Doug, Tom) March 3-10
Dave (married but confirmed), JimS and son, plus one new (Feb 24-March3) Bill may join them Feb 28.

#20 ·
wrke said:
Bill, Larry, two new ones (Doug, Tom) March 3-10
Dave (married but confirmed), JimS and son, plus one new (Feb 24-March3) Bill may join them Feb 28.
So you have two open 2-24 thru 3-3... I will try to get in that one provided I have the green light to stress out the ligaments by then from the surgeon. Should be perfect timing.

#21 ·
juro said:
So you have two open 2-24 thru 3-3... I will try to get in that one provided I have the green light to stress out the ligaments by then from the surgeon. Should be perfect timing.
Sorry if I confused it, Juro . . . Feb 24-March 3 is full. Dave Kopij, Jim, his son and one other friend of Jim's. Bob, of course, has the other unit. If I arrive early (Feb 28) I'll be the couch sleeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.