Fly Fishing Forum banner

Eastern Canada

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JR SPEY 
#1 ·
Hi!

I`m planning a trip to Eastern Canada for Atlantic Salmon next year in june.
I want to try rivers as Grand Cascapedia, Restigouche and Moisie.
Is there anyone who can help me information about the fishing, best time to go, lodges and maybe some websites.

All the best!

Peter

#4 ·
In most cases you'll need to fish out of a lodge to fish the best water on the Restigouche or Moisie in June. Some fishing is available in May, but on the Restigouche, for instance, the lodges have all the water booked except for that controlled by the Ristigouche Salmon Club. Peter Dube can get you on excellent water on the Matapedia in June, but I don't know how much he can do on the Restigouche after June 1. There are three or four lodges on the Restigouche that book fishermen directly, and at least four lodges that book onto the Moisie. Peter, if you send me a PM I'll be glad to give you more names and websites. I'm not sure how comfortable the admin. of this board would be about doing so here. I fish the Restigouche every year so I have more first hand knowledge there, but I have studied the Moise quite a bit and should be able to help. There is some ZEC water on the Grand Cascapedia that can be booked. However, the big draw was on November 1 so much of the best water will already be spoken for, but there are other ways to get on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.