Fly Fishing Forum banner

Exuma - No Grand slam but close ....

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Well, Just got home dog tired but here's a taste of what happened whilst we were down there...:D

60lb plus but the permit were tight lipped

Proper report will follow but must get a few hours sleep - work tommorow!

See less See more
#7 ·
awesome

Adrian,

Can't wait to hear the details. Still pumped and down to 11 months and counting.
Tell me did you get that one up near where Martin fishes and was he missing a scale?
Take a look I think this ones his twin.

Permit were hiding on Long Island when I was there but just wern't fond of my flail and whale casting style.

Awesome fish Adrian,

JohnP

Attachments

#9 ·
John

Nice fish - could be a cousin:)

We were fishing the same side of the island but way up by Barraterre. Chatting to a few of the locals it seems that there are Tarpon on that side pretty much year round and there are some big ones too. Abby has come across schools of real baby tarpon of about 5lb hanging out in some of the inside ponds. The Permit stayed tight lipped for us too! Abby has had several for his clients including one of 40lb the week before we got there. They all hit gotchas - go figure!

Sully, I'm hoping that President John "Striblue" Morin will present me with my CAC initiates Fez this season - my attempts to purloin one from a Shriner at the Wilmington show having met with failure;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.