Fly Fishing Forum banner

TS Beryl - week-end predictions

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
FRI
W WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT... BECOMING SW
10 TO 15 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT...
SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE
MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN
THE MORNING WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

FRI NIGHT
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND TSTMS. AREAS OF FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

SAT
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KT LATE. SEAS
3 TO 5 FT. AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

SAT NIGHT
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS
IN THE EVENING...THEN SHOWERS LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT WITH VSBY 1 TO
3 NM.

SUN
N WINDS AROUND 5 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY THROUGH
EARLY EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

Thinking we won't be wet wading on Saturday (10-15 generally translates to 25-30 :lildevl:)

I really want to get up there but if its going to be a blow out I might wait until next w/e.

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
10-15 is doable in most spots. You might be able to duck some of it and avoid the swell in the bay.

Yesterday they were calling 5-10. If the storm picks up speed I wouldn't be surprised if they go back.

Haul you might want to recheck your forecast - i think the crux of the thing is supposed to hit tonight/tomorrow AM.

D

#5 ·

Forcast for showers (40%) through tonight, winds from the northeast at 5 to 10. I'll be up inside some salt ponds, so that should take some of the edge off. In all likelihood I'll be out of there by midnight or so.

I've experienced too much good fishing in pre-storm conditions like this, and besides I have to go when I can these days. I'll report how I do.

#7 ·
Mark I'd love so see your report. How are the worm hatches in the ponds this time of year (I still haven't hit one "right")?

Calling for 11-15 foot seas off the backside tomorrow early AM. Yikes!

Maybe the warm water will push some hardtails in our general direction :cool:

#9 ·
BigDave said:
Mark I'd love so see your report. How are the worm hatches in the ponds this time of year (I still haven't hit one "right")?
I haven't been able to hit a hatch yet this year, but when the moon phase is right these will happen through August. And when they do happen, it's quite a show.....biomass galore.

Tough to keep my mind on work right now. :roll: :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.