Fly Fishing Forum banner

Who makes Cabela's Prestige +

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Nooksack Mac 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows who makes the Prestige Plus flylines for Cabela's. Has anyone used them. Just curious . I was looking at their catalog the other day and noticed that for some rods, you can pay a little more and get a reel and a line for not much more. Is the line junk compared to the Airflo, RIO and SA?

Andre

#2 ·
I don't have personal experience with that line, but I've found in general Cabela's offers quality products right in line with their prices. You really get a good deal on some things too.

#3 ·
I've been using cabela's rods for years,you can't beat the price,great quality,great warrenty,I 've taken fish into the 40lb range on their fly rods and fly lines,one line that I use alot is the prestige plus floater with the 12 ft intermediate clear sink tip which has seen a least 200 days of action a year for the past 3 seasons,I wash it down after each use and its still as good as new.I had heard their rods are made by loomis.

#4 ·
The lines look strikingly similar to Airflo lines :wink:

#5 ·
I believe in keeping the local shops aournd so I rarely even look at cabelas. But I took a look and for some reason I just could not get excited. Maybe its just me but even the Sage and Loomis rods looked like little toothpicks in the on line store. The rest of the stuff was ho hum.

I bought a big spool of maxima and logded out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.