Fly Fishing Forum banner

Home stretch - Ridiculous Clave

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
AA has a non-stop BOS to NAS for $474 on our dates, r/t from Acklins $210. Gotta love those apples.

I have RFQ's out to a few places, for instance Pestell Beach on some of the best flats out-the-door very close to Greys Pt on the Acklins side.

It turns out although Crooked is more accomodating in terms of restaurants and stores Acklins has a tremendous amount of accessible flats by road for waders and we should investigate either splitting the week on either island for half the time or finding a place (like Pestell) where getting across is easy.

More to come when I hear back.

#2 ·
Juro,

Happy New Year! Quick question for you -- Would it be possible for you to post final dates and times for this? I'm going to use reward miles to fly to Nassau and I'm getting a little nervous about getting blacked out. If we're not that far along no problem but if that third week in March is going to be the one when do we need to be in Nassau (friday afternoon, Sat morning). Thanks again ====

Dave

#3 ·
Ditto

I was thinking about that today. I've got miles to burn, and the clock is ticking. If the third week of March is the time, then I would assume staying over in Nassau on Friday, and flying out to either Acklins or Crooked on Saturday. Return the following Saturday in the p.m.

Thanks Juro,

Simms

#4 ·
PLEASE RESPOND if you think you are in for March 18th departure, two options will be priced out - one thru Wednesday (3.5 days of fishing) and the other thru Sat (6.5 days of fishing).

We will take the details of the discussion offline but to be included in the offline discussion we will need to have a preliminary verbal commitment. I don't mean to belittle any previous verbal but we are getting close to the financial commitment phase and I also feel this makes is easier for those who have had to bow out since the initial planning phase.

Dave, Jim, I have already included you. You will see a Ridiculous Clave discussion area under the bonefish heading sometime today provided you are logged in.

#6 ·
Everyone,

Good news!! Keep an eye on your flight plans. Delta has just announced (as seen on CNN) that they will be cutting fares by as much as 40% this month and next month in order to avoid bankruptcy. Other airlines will probably follow suit to stay competitive ...

I don't know how much of an effect this will have on our tickets but if you look at the flight that Juro posted earlier (AA Boston to Nassau for $474), overnight they cut the price to $438.

Just a heads up, keep an eye out.

Dave

#8 ·
Sorry fellas. I'm out for that date. I promised my wife we would fly out to Seattle for our wedding anniversary which is March 23rd. Could have gone any time other than that week. Have fun exploring!

Phil

#9 ·
Well I have to say you have your priorities straight on this one! Maybe you could hook up with some of the steelie hounds on the forum, it;s a good time of year for steel.

*** if anyone else is serious about attending please speak up so we can get you into the offline discussion forum ***

#11 ·
JONESY said:
HI ,
I'm interested in the trip. I need some details.How many days, Approx cost, where,accomodations,Guided/non-guided. Fill me in.
I live in Pa. I would be leaving from Newark ,NJ .

Jim (jonesy)
Target date: March 18-26th
Approx cost: see other thread
Guiding: optional, primarily DIY
Accomodations: most likely newly built efficiency units in Acklins or Casuarina
Cottages on Crooked Is. as a backup.

You will be added to the private discussion area if this works for you (pls reply)

#12 ·
Juro, I don't think I can make it then. Have a great time on Acklins/Crooked!
I'll scout some places out while I'm there in February (Staying at Grey's Point Lodge). If there is any place you want me to check out in particular let me know--I'll try and get to it.
Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.