Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring Clave 3.0

4K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  FishHawk 
#1 ·
OK, after being as good as possible last weekend and reading about everyone else getting into some decent fish, I'm going to have a tough time getting through the work week.

PLANS
Friday: Scouting.

I'll circulate a list of the cell phone numbers to everyone. There are some major attractants for the day and I thing we will most probably have a large contingent in and around the "quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem".

Friday evening:
7:30 gathering at The Cove in Orleans for Saturday planning, cocktails, fly tying & pizza (?)

Saturday:
1. Casting lessons with Capt. Todd Murphy
2. Group ventures (info on selected areas to be emailed to attendees)
3. Lunch: Juro & I thought it would probably be best not to formally schedule anything since we know that most of us aren't going to walk away from fishing to drive some place for lunch.
3. Barbecue or dinner out? You guys decide, I can pick up the food for a barbecue.
4. Cocktails, fly tying, lying & story telling.

Sunday:
1. Survivors (from Saturday or Saturday night?) breakfast.
2. Fishing as planned.

Issues:
1. We have 3, maybe 4 boats coming. I would appreciate the boat owners who have any room available emailing me re: how you want to bring along a guest or 2.

2. Lodging: Only a few deposits have been received ( I am guilty of not sending one), I'll get a hold of Sean Fields and see how he wants to handle it.

3. Lodging: 12 people Friday, 14 Saturday, overflow can be handled by friends of the forum or camping. I will bring my tent & stay at Nickerson if necessary.

4. If we barbecue, I will need to have some volunteers bring a grill or two, I will not have my truck so my space is limited.

5. What else? Let me know what else you guys want to do & I'll do my best to make it happen. I know I haven't built this up as the mother of all conclaves but I prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

Let's catch some fish, meet some other fly rodders, fish some places we haven't fished before & have fun!

Roop

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Roop,

Who do I send my money to for the lodging, I guess I don't remember any specific details regarding how much exactly, and who to send it to.

Looking forward to the first fish of the season, and hopefully the first keeper size bass of my career!

Thanks,

Dave

#3 ·
Well fellow clavers, we have ourselves a "legal on a fly" challenge before us! It's customary that do everything we can to rid our forum clave attendees of this status. Dave, no promises but I think you'll have a got shot at it this weekend!

Gettin' antsy and it's only Monday!

#4 ·
Roop, I don't know where your going to get that many guys in one resturant. We should try for a cookout. I will help with food etc. I will be down Thirsday night so who's going on the riprider Friday morning?... I migh leave earlier with a yak and look for any members on South beach... weather permiting.

#5 ·
The cookout idea sounds good. The Anchorage has gas grills that we could use.
Check with the owner. Also, if the tide is correct,dead low, we could fish out in front of the Anchorage and have a blast. But if people don't feel like cooking that's fine too.
FishHawk

#7 ·
Cool!

Thanks for the response guys.

FH - I'll check with Sean to make sure the grills are up & running. So what do you think for a menu? Burgers & dogs or steak tips & chicken or.... striper? (joking, joking, joking)

Striblue:
I'm either staying in Nickerson or Pocasset Thursday night so I'll be catching the 8AM Rip Ryder - look forward to seeing you again.

Anything else others want to contribute to the cookout, please post here.

Roop

#8 ·
The cookout would be my vote, if it's a go I'll be happy to bring along anything! Maybe we can start a list of what is needed, so we don't double up on some things and come up short on others. I like the tips and chicken idea. If we agree, I'll pick up the meats and start the marinate tonight.
(not only do I like to fish, I aint so bad at eatin either!)

FISH ON !!!

and then,

COME AND GET IT !!!

oh yea! I'm in for the riprider Friday am.

#11 ·
Hey guys, temporary pause in the day...

1. Deposits for lodging:
Hold onto your cash, if need be, I'll charge it & you guys can pay me, I'm waiting to hear back from Sean.

2. Barbecue:
Let's make a final decision on the menu by tonight - 8PM. I'll tally any votes posted here & we'll run with it from there.

3. Jeff B:
WHAT!? Striper thumb? Come on, Juro was telling me what a stud you were the other day nailing all those fish. Hope you can find some way to join us.

4. Stipeblu:
Thanks for the offer, I replied by private email.

Roop

#12 ·
Just sent an email to all attendees re: plans for where we will be fishing Saturday.

If you have signed up & did not receive my email, please email me at roopswff@netzero.net.

Barbecue Saturday night will be planned Friday evening, we can pick up what we need at the local grocery store & all pitch in to cover costs.

What else? Let me know.

Roop

G
#14 ·
Hey Guys:

Can someone give me directions to get to where everyone will be? Is there a link that has a map? I will be staying in West Yarmouth, but need directions to where all the festivities will be.

Thanks,
Craig

#19 ·
Roop,
7am rip ryder sounds good for me. Count me in. God I can't wait for the weekend.
Nick

#21 ·
I'd like to sign up for Juro's Outside Beach expedition on Saturday. I've not yet fished a real surf situation and some of the reports coming in from that area sound like there's something very special going on out there!

#26 ·
Roop,
Not sure if you've done all the assignments yet, but I'm open to either the Rip Trip group or whatever else works out. Do you intend to do assignments ahead of time, so we know who we will be tagging along with. I am definitely a tag-a-long, as I know absolutely nothing except that all the spots are in the portion of the state of MA, referred to as Cape Cod!

Thanks,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.