Fly Fishing Forum banner

Crease Flies

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sprocket 
#1 ·
Just got back from First light and did my first crease flys.. I picked up a kit that gives you all you need to make them...$13.00 without hooks.. But they are not as easy to make especially with a srew up with th glue. The patterns can be place on the sticky side of the foam. I wil bring i to te tyin clave.

#2 ·
John I would like to learn to tie a crease fly . I don't think its that difficult. L tried one øn my won and used some glow in the dark pearl tape on it . I have seen on the net that one can use model airplane Monocoat as the overbody on the foam.
FishHawk

#3 ·
John, FHawk - regarding the kit, was is the Blados kit? If so, a source on another board (and also someone I've tied with a few times) has indicated that hot glue guns work well with the foam included. Worth trying if you've got one already...

Looking forward to trying them myself after Santa make his visit!

#4 ·
Sprocket, yes it is the Blados kit.. My only real complaint is I don't like the super glue that is included in the kit since it commits you on any mistake. If you apply the colors to the side after you have glued the pieces it can screw up the sides. I think I will try with Goop instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.