Fly Fishing Forum banner

The rumor mill-

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FredA 
#1 ·
is telling me I missed a good week in the area of the race, 20-30lb fish on juvi mackerel at herring cove anyone else hearing this or first hand confirmation?

#2 ·
Paul, I was at Herring Cove early last week during the N'easter. It was dead. Could have happened after I was there. As they say, "should have been there yesterday, or tomorrow." I did hear that the Race itself was "on fire" with 20-30lb fish.

#5 ·
Early am low.

Juro there's a low around 4:00 am Saturday , I'm thinking of getting there for the start of the flood, and head out before the terrorists get active, maybe if the sun shines I'll head towards the elbow for the rest of the day.

#7 ·
Paul- I might be willing to join you for that early AM recon Saturday- I've never fished the area you're talking about, so would need to know exactly where to meet up with you (can send me a PM if you don't want to burn the spot in public)- might bring a trustworthy friend along if he's up to it. My two-hander is still busted (can't afford repair/replacement just now), so will be bringing the old Sage 9/9. Any pre-emptive intel on flies, lines that would work best for that area would be appreciated.
Hope to hook up with you at o'dark thirty on the 4th!
Flydoc (Jim Shepherd)

#8 ·
I fished the Race out of my Kayak last Saturday AM. LOADS of big fish in big schools....I didn't myself see any mackeral, but the sandeels were thick in schools of varying sizes....smaller in by Herring Cove, bigger out by the light.

nice fishing from 5AM to 7 AM but then was getting crowded with regular boats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.