Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bonefish Fly Swap- !st Report

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jfbasser 
#1 · (Edited)
Can everyone get the flies to me BY The last week in February because I want them in the mail to everyone BEFORE March 1... OK... 7 flies.... 6 for the swap and the 7th to be auctioned off at the Wilmington show... and with Joe Branham and Dick Brown participating we will have some real interest in that raffle which should help out the board..... Of course I might ...misplace the 7th set................just kidding

Participants- Me, Dble Haul, SeanM, Adrian, Jfbasser, DFix, Flytyer1948, and Marshrunner. 8 patrticpants...so we can do this. Sean has one running on another board which Myself, flytyer1948 and Marshrunner are also participating ..so all the more important to keep the number at 7. Please drop in a couple bucks for cost of postage and the protective envelop I buy at the PO...or just include a self addressed stamped protective envelop ...your choice.

#2 ·
Fly for Swap

John,

Here is the fly that I will be sending. It is my Epoxy Charlie.

Here is the Dressing:

Hook: Saltwater, standard shank
Size: 2 to 8
Thread: To match wing color
Underbody: Krenik Fly Tyer's Ribbon
Overbody: Epoxy
Eyes: Bead Chain or Bar Bell
Wing: Calf tail, crystal flash, grizzly hackle tips.

This fly is tied in the same color combinations as the regular Crazy Charlie. Gold Body with Brown Wing, Pearl Body with either a Pink, Chartreuse or Tan Wing and Yellow Body with Yellow Wing.

#6 ·
John,

I tied up 12 of them so do what you will with them. Remeber our phone conversation.

Use the extras for the raffle or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.