Fly Fishing Forum banner

Keeping the Flyfishing Forum On the Air

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Hello all -

The forum currently owes a few hundred dollars to the hosting firm to keep things going, immediately to be followed by major changes to the server plan to reduce costs after that. We can't move to the lower plan until all current debts are cleared.

Please help get over this hump by surfing to paypal.com and choose "make payment" to:

donations@flyfishingforum.com

If everyone puts a few dollars into the pot we will bring the Forum legacy forward into a new chapter, with your help!

thanks

#2 ·
Done.

God, Juro, I've been remiss about posting. Had a great trip Coho fishing on Prince of Wales Island. I'll try to get something on the Forum in the next couple of days.

Hang in there. I'd really miss FFF (and that's not the Federation!)

Petri hell,

Eric

#5 ·
Hey -- the "Donate" button worked this time! The last couple of times I tried to make a donation I couldn't get it to work, so I added a few extra bucks to cover what I would have tossed in before.

I, too, have been guilty of occasionally checking the board but not posting anything, mostly because I had nothing particularly interesting to post and there was nothing to respond to, but also because it seems like I just don't have as much time to spend on the computer as I used to. This site has forums for a multitude of species and locations, but I've always been primarily interested in the warmwater and striper/coastal forums. It's a long drive for me to get to the coast, but back when people were more willing to post their reports it would often persuade me to make the trip and then post my results as well. When I just fished around my area I'd post reports in the warmwater forum if I caught anything worth mentioning, but during the past couple of years I figured that nobody cared to read about the run-of-the-mill panfish, average sized bass or another carp just like the ones that I did report when it was still a new learning experience. I suppose it's a similar situation with the coastal forum, that many people don't bother to post results when it's just another day on the beach, but I truly enjoyed and benefited from those posts because they provided the little push that would give me the incentive to head to the coast. I understand that people are reluctant to post any detailed info, but it would be really nice if people would post reports again -- at least that would keep things flowing. I'll try to post more often as well.

Q

#6 ·
Thanks Marty, Quentin - and I share the sentiment and will spend a few minutes every day thinking about something interesting that pertains to my passion for this sport.

For those who don't like/use paypal the PO box is still active:

Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 773
Chatham MA 02633

The server company will wait until the 21 of this month to square up then has offered an alternative hosting plan once paid in full.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.