Fly Fishing Forum banner

Need advice on Cortland Endurance series 1 and II or Temple Fork Professional series

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bluenose 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a 4 piece 5/6 rod from my local [20 miles] fly shop. They have the Cortland Endurance series 1 $89.00 and II $100.00 or Temple Fork Professional series rods $139.00 or finesse series $179.00 all 9' 4 pc
I liked the feel of them all about equally, but am inexperienced. Are these good river trout fishing rods?
Are the prices good or am I paying list price?
Thanks

#2 ·
I have a five year old Cortland CL 9', 2pc. 5/6 wt. The finish of the rod and its casting would be comparable to some rods that cost more. I have been happy with its performance and with the money I saved. The CL has a lifetime warranty.

I would say give the Cortland a serious look. If possible try and do a comparison cast with the rods you're interested in.

I can't comment on the prices as I bought my rod in Canada, but the price you stated seems to be good.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.