Fly Fishing Forum banner

What waters do you swing?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  FleshFly 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings gents. I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am a steelhead bum that lives in Camas, Washington. I use both the single and double handed rod. I manily fish in SWW, but wonder into Oregon seasonally. Since this is a PNW steelhead section of the forum, I was wondering what rivers you all fish for steelhead? No reports necessary, I was just curious.

In the summer I mainly fish the Kalama, Cowlitz, NFL and Deschutes. For winter steelhead I fish the Sandy, EFL and Kalama. If I am really bored I fish the Washougal. There are a few other rivers I fish from time to time as well but those are my main haunts.

Tightlines!

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forum.

When I lived in the Portland area I did most of my winter fishing on the Clackamas and its tributary, Eagle Creek, with occasional forays to the Sandy. Summers were spent on the Kalama, upper Clackamas, EFL and the Deschutes.

Now I live on Oregon's central coast. Summer runs are available in the Siletz, but I haven't had a chance to chase them.

Again, welcome,

cheers,

Eric

#3 ·
I hit all WA waters west of the Wenatchee hard, including those you named. I particularly liked the OP streams in summer, as well as the cascades and Columbia tribs. :)

In fact since moving I usually try to fit all three in a week of fishing - cascade rivers, then OP then the Columbia tribs then up I-5 to the airport and fly home. :smokin:

#4 ·
Welcome to the board Mike! I think I may have seen your name around on another board or two ;) I live in Portland and fish almost all the exact same rivers that you named. One that you didnt name is the Clackamas (which I plan on hitting tommorrow morning as a matter of fact).

This board may not have as much activity as some other boards, but I can tell you that this site has more hard core steelhead gurus on it than anywhere else....so you will definately feel welcome here and pick up some great knowledge!

tight lines
tim knecht

#8 ·
I do the Orbitx fare alert for BOS or MHT to SEA, PDX and NAS (Bahamas) and got the notification last week... multiple airlines were offering that.

I am trying to get some days off before the end of the month to do a saltchuck / summer run combo fling.

#10 ·
Another New Englander here who is haunted by the Pacific NorthWest. I transitioned to the Fly after working for a guide on the Kenai Penisula. 10 years later my fly is mostly swinging in the Great Lakes area for Steelhead, with the Annual trip out west to the Skeena area. In between I settle for chasing stripers via the Fly on Cape Ann, or chasing wild/native trout in Northern New England.

Glad to be here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.