Fly Fishing Forum banner

Location X

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  jamie 
#1 ·
For you tarpon fans, Howard Films will be airing its new film tonight. It is scheduled for 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Versus (formerly OLN). Jamie Howard's previous films, In Search of a Rising Tide and Chasing Silver, are clearly several notches above anything else I've seen on fishing related topics.

#4 ·
juro said:
If they do P.R. I will be pissed!

First the rooster dream, then... ;)

Juro,

According to the description only those "in the know" will be able to discern the location from the footage.

No maps. No GPS coordinates.
Just the finest tarpon fishing ever caught on film.
We blindfold world class anglers.
Fly them in. Drive them to the water.
And share shocking footage of unwary tarpon swimming at the boat in clear water - daring us to cast a fly.

I will certainly be glued to the set tonight as I agree everything I have seen from these guys is head and shoulders above most else out there.

Sean

#8 ·
Where is it?...

Following the viewing of Location X, and its great shots of tarpon, missed hookups and utlimate landings, do you have a guess on the location? I've got my thoughts, but for the tarpon gurus, where do you think they fished?

While they were U.S. guides and boats (ID covered), I don't think it was in U.S. waters. So...where were they fishing?

#12 ·
As for the location, I could have sworn I saw a white water tower in the backround...not very common outside the US. The logistics of getting flats boats over seas and back would be a trick. I've never fished the area, but could it be N Florida east of the panhandle? The sand was awfully white to be Mexico, more like the Gulf Coast. Could be wrong. Good PR ploy to have a "secret" spot video. It shall be revealed in time I am certain.

#13 ·
That's Chicks Bight, just south of Marco. I will try to post a link to Google Earth. Really easy to get there. Just drive into the camping area and wade. Better yet, go to wallmart and pick up a $30 canoe you can cover much more ground. Resident fish year round and from January to April fish over 100# are common. A Rusty Pugliesi is the hot ticket but any fly will do. Those fish see a fly and charge it. The fish see very little pressure, so you can wade right up to them. I'll see if I can post a link with directions.

#14 ·
Eddie said:
That's Chicks Bight, just south of Marco. I will try to post a link to Google Earth. Really easy to get there. Just drive into the camping area and wade. Better yet, go to wallmart and pick up a $30 canoe you can cover much more ground. Resident fish year round and from January to April fish over 100# are common. A Rusty Pugliesi is the hot ticket but any fly will do. Those fish see a fly and charge it. The fish see very little pressure, so you can wade right up to them. I'll see if I can post a link with directions.
I'm ready to make plans! Eddie. Would you like to show us around?

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.