Fly Fishing Forum banner

Salina Point Bonefish Lodge- BUDGET BALANCING RATES

7K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  LeeG 
#1 ·
Salina Point Lodge is giving Acklins away!

Weekly Rate $630/pp/dbl/occup
Single Rate $975/pp-for the week!

Includes all meals, daily water shuttle to the flats, airport tranfers! You can't beat this with a stick. Do the math!!

We can accommodate 10 guests per night.

Acklins! Only Heaven is better.

www.vrbo.com/206778

#4 ·
Hi!,

Your reduced rates are awefully tempting. Could you describe to me how your "Water Shuttle to the flats" works?.

I suppose that this would involve something like morning drop-off/afternoon pick-up from remote "water-only" accessible flats. If that's the case, what type of contingencies are there for urgent and/or emergency situations. ie) injury, sunstroke, threatening severe weather?

Thanks for any reply,

Henry Will
Oshawa, Ontario
Canada

#5 ·
Hi Henry.

You are right in your thinking about the drop off etc. Some would wish to stay 12 hours on the flat, lunch is carried. Other prefer to return by lunch time, we accommodate all wishes! There are risks involved, however, they are all manageable. Acklins is a remote area, thus, our guests need be ablebodied/selfsufficient at least until pick up, since at some point you are out of cell phone range. Weather should not create emergencies, we have forecast and in the bight of Acklins we can get people home even in high wind condition if we have too.

Additionally, we have others who prefer guided services, we can do that too.

Water shuttles, removes long hikes!

Felton

#8 ·
Felton, can you give any sort of idea of if the rates are going to change tomorrow, next week, end of month? I want to tell folks about the deal, but if it ends, ya know, tomorrow, that would be silly. I'm trying to avoid silly here. Can you be any more specific?

#10 ·
On our recent journey to Salinas Lodge the water shuttle dropped us right in the lap of some of the most untouched bonefish territory you'll ever see. Much of this population was completely un-jaded and responsive whether tailing, screaming across a flat, or scrumming along the eel grass. There are also double digit singles if you can pull yourself away from the entertainment from average sized bones which has proven to be difficult from anyone I've ever been with out there. These big fish are always willing to provide much challenge if you get bored with the 3-6 pound fish.

acklinsboy said:
Hi Henry.

You are right in your thinking about the drop off etc. Some would wish to stay 12 hours on the flat, lunch is carried. Other prefer to return by lunch time, we accommodate all wishes! There are risks involved, however, they are all manageable. Acklins is a remote area, thus, our guests need be ablebodied/selfsufficient at least until pick up, since at some point you are out of cell phone range. Weather should not create emergencies, we have forecast and in the bight of Acklins we can get people home even in high wind condition if we have too.

Additionally, we have others who prefer guided services, we can do that too.

Water shuttles, removes long hikes!

Felton

#20 ·
Don't let him hear you-it will go to his head! His daughter is beautiful though. I went back to Nassau with her in March. It was funny looking at some of the people staring at me trying to figure out why I was cuddling with this little baby sitting next to the mother. It kept those tongues wagging. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.