Fly Fishing Forum banner

Nothing in the East River yet- Report

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  flydoc 
#1 ·
Guys-

I went to all my usual spots in Brooklyn along the East river. This is approx from Greenpoint to the Brooklyn Navy yard.

As the band WAR said, "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

Was slinging a Type 7 nine weight line into the depths and dregding the best I could without getting snags. Saw nothing and felt nothing for 6 hours.

Also broke out a new to me Orvis Battenkill Impregnated 5 1/8th oz and fished an 8 floating.

Good to cast and be fishing, but the fish ain't here yet.

I was able to haul up a latex surgical glove, though. JOY!

I didn't expect anything and got nothing.

Best-

brooklynangler

See less See more
#2 ·
Ahhh...a "latex sugical glove"....now that is a potential good catch. If you cut off the top one inch tips of the fingers, they make good heads for tying squid flies. Of course, if on the bottom of the glove it reads "Urology Associates Inc.", I would consider tying something else:hehe:
Seriously....keep those reports coming....we are very desparate here for any word on even the possibility that the stripers are even considering a swim to Massachusetts!:)
This morning in the land of Paxton, Ma.....the last bit of snow has melted away. Three robbins in the yard, it can't be too far away.
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.