Fly Fishing Forum banner

Big Barramundi... and plenty of 'em!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flytyer 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I had the most amazing flyfishing day in my life a few days ago. I was fishing in a private pond in Bangkok with my flyfishing guru, Max, who hails from the Outer Hebrides.

Between us, we caught around 50 big Barramundi. The smallest one was 7 lbs and the biggest was right at 20 lbs!

These are, by far, the hardest fighting fish I've EVER had the pleasure of catching. I made the mistake of having one of my fingers on the fly line when the first fish hit. It stripped off line faster than a machine coulda done! I got a bit of rope burn... lesson learned.

The day before this, I fought and lost a record Nile Perch and I had a record-sized Peacock Bass miss a popper... arrrgh!! :eek: I just about had the Nile Perch landed, but it shook the hook right as we were getting ready to net it.

#2 ·
Very nice! You need to change that link in your post though and just use the yellow insert image button instead and copy/paste the URL for each photo in the popup box that comes up. The link is going to get deleted since it goes to a site with commercial links to non-sponsors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.